cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF741C Prints on Mac but scanner cannot communicate

rsstorey
Apprentice

I kept having issues with my MF74IC IP changing so I decided to configure my router to give it a status IP.

The MF741 is connected directly to the router and I use a iMac and a Windows 11 laptop.

I updated the iMac and it will print without issue.  When I try to scan it says it cannot communication with any of the scanners.  The scanners may not be connected or my be turned off.  This is not the case.  I re-installed/updated all the drivers and software.  No can't scan.  

The correct printer is shown in the Scanner windows of the Canon MF Scan Utility.

When I try to manually scan from the printer to a computer it only shows the Windows Laptop.  When I try to launch the Windows Canon MF Scanner Selector nothing launches.

I'm thinking I may need to remove the printer/scanner from both systems and reinstall from scratch.  If that is the case, is ther a good set of procedures for this?

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Rsstorey,

To try an reinstall the scanner onto the Mac, you can uninstall the current version of the MF scan utility and the MF740 series MF drivers. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in appwiz.cpl and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can select the MF scan utility and the MF drivers and click the option at the top to uninstall.

Once the have been uninstalled, you can download the latest version of the MF driver and the MF scan utility from our Canon USA support site.

Announcements