cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF733cdw recent failures: could not report toner quantity and cartridge not inserted properly error

kahirsch
Contributor

Okay, I know this printer is 5 years old, likely beyond its planned lifespan. None-the-less, if anyone has any recommendations beyond, "Yup, it's time to buy something new", I'd love to hear them.

Starting a few weeks ago, the following problems developed:

1. Printer could not report toner quantity

2. I had to start rebooting the printer for the computer to find the printer

3. Printer has now (starting today) begun asserting that the magenta cartridge is not inserted properly. However, it IS inserted properly. I switched the magenta and cyan cartridges, and it still reported magenta was incorrectly inserted.

At this point, the printer is a very large doorstop. Any thoughts?

With thanks,

Ken

2 REPLIES 2

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance. For a more immediate resolution, you can contact support over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist.

1. What specific message is it giving you for the magenta toner cartridge on the printer display or what code number does it show you?
  2. What model magenta toner cartridge are you using?

kahirsch
Contributor

Thanks, Hector. I finally just replaced the doorstop...

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements