cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not create a port due to an error.Try to intall again.....

malibo
Contributor
Hi guys ;

when i install my printer on wi-fi i see this error (Error message: Could not create a port due to an error.Try to intall again.). Please help me, how can i fix it? I use windows 10 64 bit
3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 

equipment you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

malibo
Contributor
I use canon mf8080cw.

Audrey
Enthusiast

Hi Malibo,

1.  Set up printer on wireless network
https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART111760&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Press (Menu).

Select <Network Settings> with [^ ] or [ V ], and then press [OK].

Select <Select Wired/Wireless LAN> using [^ ] or [ V ], and then press [OK].

When wireless LAN is set, <Wireless LAN Settings> is not grayed out.

Select <Wireless LAN> using [^ ] or [ V ], and then press [OK].

Turn the machine OFF when the following screen disappears.

Turn OFF the machine and wait for at least 10 seconds before turning it back ON.

2.  Close any anti virus program running in the background. If this can not be done, open the anti virus program and set it up to allow the MF8080cw to install.

3.  Please download and install current driver on the Canon Drivers & Download website by clicking HERE.

4.  If the issue continues, try running the install "As Administrator."

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements