cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 reportedly delayed

John_SD
Whiz

Well, the usual reliable sites are stating that multiple Canon sources are confirming that the official EOS R6 announcement will be pushed back to July, which I suppose is no surprise. It was initally intended to be announced in May.

Furthermore, I have seen reports that the big 3 are experiencing steep declines on the sales of new cameras and gear. Well, that is partly their doing, as they haven't seem inclined to knock a dime off their camers. And no, I'm not talking about refurbished or gear that was released back in 2015. I'm talking about current stuff. At this rate they will be joining Kodak and Polaroid.  

3 REPLIES 3

@John_SD wrote:

Well, the usual reliable sites are stating that multiple Canon sources are confirming that the official EOS R6 announcement will be pushed back to July, which I suppose is no surprise. It was initally intended to be announced in May.

Furthermore, I have seen reports that the big 3 are experiencing steep declines on the sales of new cameras and gear. Well, that is partly their doing, as they haven't seem inclined to knock a dime off their cameras. And no, I'm not talking about refurbished or gear that was released back in 2015. I'm talking about current stuff. At this rate they will be joining Kodak and Polaroid.

C'mon, John, get a grip. You're reading way too much into the current situation. Everybody's in financial limbo right now, so it's not at all surprising that nobody's buying anything. But this situation, bad as it is, is temporary. Obviously, conditions aren't ideal for the release of the "real" R Series, but it still figures to be the most important advance since the 5D. When the dust finally settles, the photographic world will adjust. Recall, if you haven't already, that a lot of good pictures were taken during the Great Depression.

BTW, what is the R6? I hadn't heard of that one. (I'm assuming that it wasn't a typo, since it appears in two places in your post.)

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@John_SD wrote:

Furthermore, I have seen reports that the big 3 are experiencing steep declines on the sales of new cameras and gear. Well, that is partly their doing, as they haven't seem inclined to knock a dime off their cameras. And no, I'm not talking about refurbished or gear that was released back in 2015. I'm talking about current stuff. At this rate they will be joining Kodak and Polaroid.

C'mon, John, get a grip. You're reading way too much into the current situation. Everybody's in financial limbo right now, so it's not at all surprising that nobody's buying anything. But this situation, bad as it is, is temporary. Obviously, conditions aren't ideal for the release of the "real" R Series, but it still figures to be the most important advance since the 5D. When the dust finally settles, the photographic world will adjust. Recall, if you haven't already, that a lot of good pictures were taken during the Great Depression.

BTW, what is the R6? I hadn't heard of that one. (I'm assuming that it wasn't a typo, since it appears in two places in your post.)

Not reading anything in to anything, Bob. I'm merely stating what the various reports have been saying. Sales had been declining and have really fallen apart in recent months with no end in sight. That is a fact. 

As for the EOS R6, think of it as a mirrorless succressor to the 6D series, if you will. Some would call it a full frame entry level camera, but Canon in its brilliance manages to muddy the waters. The RP was deemed an "entry level" full frame camera, now we have another entry level full frame camera on the horizon. The leaked specs indicate a 20MP full frame sensor, IBIS, dual card slots, 20fps electronic, 12fps mechanical, full HD video.  

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Ah shucks! Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements