Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Number count

Hello, I'm very new to this so please forgive my ignorance.

I noticed on the bottom right hand side of the menu there's a number count on the other end of the battery icon. My son got this Canon T6 for my bday and I'm still trying to learn the basics. I only took probably less than 20 pictures (testing) and I noticed the number gets lower and lower, its on 1177 right now. What is this number and is it something I should be paying attn to?

Thank you
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Number count

@Dslrnewbie wrote:
Hello, I'm very new to this so please forgive my ignorance.

I noticed on the bottom right hand side of the menu there's a number count on the other end of the battery icon. My son got this Canon T6 for my bday and I'm still trying to learn the basics. I only took probably less than 20 pictures (testing) and I noticed the number gets lower and lower, its on 1177 right now. What is this number and is it something I should be paying attn to?

Thank you

Does it decrease by one each time you take a picture? If so, it's the number of shots the camera thinks you have left on the card, given the settings that you're currently using. The user manual should tell you that. If you didn't get one, you can download it from Canon's Web site.

Bob
Boston, Massachusetts USA
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the above answer. It's an estimate but is usually a good guideline as to when the card will be full of image files. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
Respected Contributor

Yes...that's the possible number of shots...

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
VIP

Amazing what you can learn by reading the manual.

A lot less stuff for 2018 but still a lot of Canon stuff. Along with, a lot of other stuff.