Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T6i Charging??? HELP!!!

RT87
Apprentice

Hello...

Just got a T6i.

When charging, is the charger supposed to blink orange/yellow or should it stay a solid color?

When first putting the battery on the charger out of the box, how long does it take to fully charge?

My camera is a canon factory refurb, and I cannot tell if the battter or charger is working correctly. I've contacted

canon tech support.  One rep said the charger should remain a solid color another said it should blink till the charge light

turns green.

Please let me know....

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@RT87 wrote:

Hello...

Just got a T6i.

When charging, is the charger supposed to blink orange/yellow or should it stay a solid color?

When first putting the battery on the charger out of the box, how long does it take to fully charge?

My camera is a canon factory refurb, and I cannot tell if the battter or charger is working correctly. I've contacted

canon tech support.  One rep said the charger should remain a solid color another said it should blink till the charge light

turns green.

Please let me know....

Thanks

While I have not used the T6i charger, every other Canon charger that I have used blinks red/orange until it turns to a steady green color, which indicates a full charge.

How long does it take?  An initial charge may take a few hours, or even overnight.  After that, 2-4 hours should do it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks...

I think Canon sent me a bad battery with my camera.

Its been charging for about 10 hours.  Still blinking.  I figured it should have at least enough juice

to turn the camera on by now....no dice.

I've called them and they are sending a new one.

Thanks for your reply!

RT87

@RT87 wrote:

Hello...

Just got a T6i.

turns green.

Please let me know....

Thanks

With most Canon chargers the blinking pattern tells you how the charging process is progressing. One blink means it's just getting started; two blinks means about halfway; three blinks means 3/4 done; steady light (with or without a change of color) means fully charged.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hello...

Just received my new battery.

When the battery is in the charger, it stays solid orange until it flips to green.

At least I know my new T6i works just fine!!

Mine stays yellow, too. Just tried it this morning.

Announcements