cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shutter speed between 25 and 30 seconds

mbkona
Apprentice
HI! I have a 5D Mark iii and have been shooting the Milky Way. I would like to be able to set the camera to shutter speeds between 25 and 30 seconds...like for example 27 seconds. Is there a setting to change? On my camera, it jumps from 25 to 30 seconds and nothing in between. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

ScottyP
Authority
Not unless Magic Lantern will do that.
Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Maybe you could use one of the oddball shutter speeds that do exist modified by an incremental exposure correction. I have neither the time nor the patience to compute any of the possible values, but the math wouldn't be difficult.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Peter
Authority
Authority

Magic lantern or this one http://www.cyberphoto.se/nikon/mc-36.jpg

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
An intervalometer will do it in bulb mode (you can dial in any amount of time you want).

But I suspect 3 seconds really wont make much of a difference.... that's just a 1/10th of an exposure stop. Usually you wont notice much of a difference with merely a 1/10th stop difference.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements