cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting OSD Menus to Classroom Projector (as a teaching aid)

LightChaser
Apprentice

Greetings! I’m new to the forum but have owned a couple of Canon dslr’s (T3i & 6d). I have recently been asked to do a night time photography class at our local community center. If possible, I’d like to project my camera menu settings to an InFocus projector (I know how to project what the lens is seeing, but would like to project the setup menus that would be displayed on the On Screen Display when I pre the “Menu” button. I’d like for the attendees to see the menus on the projected screen as I describe them. This would be to supplement a PowerPoint presentation. Will be getting an R5 soon, but would like to do this on my 6d for now. Thanks in advance for suggestions on how/or if this can be done.

Kindest Regards,

Rick aka LightChaser

3 REPLIES 3

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

Does your projector have an HDMI input? If so, you should be able to display the menus, at least that's so on my R's. I don't have the other cameras you mention, but it seems I remember doing it with other Rebels and xD series that I have to display on TV's and monitors with HDMI inputs, but it's been a while 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

LightChaser
Apprentice

Will see if I can track down a cable and try it out. Appreciate the prompt reply.

cheers!

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Yeah, the HDMI just mirrors the screen. - The LCD screen will probably be off when you plug in the HDMI. I intend to do something like this during the eclipse so other folks can see it.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements