cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With Video Setting,

Bstallard
Apprentice

I got a Canon EOS Rebel T5 1200D as a gift from family,

I have never owned a canon before and Im starting to get the hang of it.

But what I am having issues with is recording video.

I switch the dial over to video and press the button I usually take pictures with and no video gets recorded.

It just takes a picture, Can anyone please help me. I have a few amazing ideas for videos.

but becaues of this happening I havent been able to explore the video settings.

So I would really realy love it , if anyone here can help out so I can start recording videos!

than you very much,

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your inquiry!

To start the recording in the video mode you will need to press the record button next to the viewfinder.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is a much more efficient way to get help! They're ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

John has you covered.  But I'd encourage you to spend some time flipping through the printed manual.  Even if it doesn't all make sense "now" -- at some point you'll want to do something and hopefully that will trigger a memory that the topic was covered in the manual.

It's a powerful camera and it can do quite a bit for you as you start to learn how to take advantage of it's capabilities.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. Move OFF/ON switch to movie camera icon.

2. Press shutter button; should have image on LCD

3. Press camera icon button at top right of LCD. It has a red dot, symbolizing Record.

4. Recording should start and a timer at top center of LCD should start counting (00:00 and upwards)

5. Press red dot icon to stop recording.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements