cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My canon eos m50 mark ii's photos keep getting brightened whenever transferred onto my pc.

mcsuperboi
Apprentice

My canon eos m50 mark ii's photos keep getting brightened whenever transferred onto my pc, whenever they get uploaded to my pc the photo seems to be the one I originally took but then gets brightened and becomes really grainy after a few seconds and I'm unsure how to change this. I'm new to camera's, and if someone could help that would be really appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try downloading the Canon DPP4 app and using that to browse folders containing your RAW files.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I’ll assume that you are running Windows 10.  

Are you capturing and view JPG files or RAW files?

What app are you using to view the photos?

First, thank you for the replay, I appreciate the help. But, I'm on Windows 11, and I'm using the default "photos" app. The "image quality" on the camera says RAW and for the viewing files, I have no clue how to check that, to be honest.

Try downloading the Canon DPP4 app and using that to browse folders containing your RAW files.

Thank you, I'll definitely do that. I did happen to be shooting in RAW and once I switched it over the problem happened to go away. I guess it was Window's interpretation of the files. I really appreciate your help. Have a blessed day. 

You’re welcome!

Announcements