cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS 17 Canon Connect not hooking up to 80d

Saberonyx
Apprentice

A quick question just got iOS on my Pro Max 14 version 17 and I can’t hook up my Canon EOS80D for nothing. I tried for two hours yesterday going through all the normal procedures which would be resetting restarting getting different sets to sign on different passwords. you name it it’s just not picking it up Canon Connect to down load my pictures ,

IMG_6290.png

strange after five years to go through all this at this point just wanna know if it’s anyone else with iOS 17 or should I just wait for an update

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

iOS 17 is not yet released to the public.  It's currently in beta.   I would highly recommend using a non-pre-release OS (as of this writing, the latest version is iOS 16.5.1)

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

iOS 17 is not yet released to the public.  It's currently in beta.   I would highly recommend using a non-pre-release OS (as of this writing, the latest version is iOS 16.5.1)

--
Ricky

thank you so much I will try getting the 16.5. It could if I could go backwards. Perhaps I had the beta version checked off and they downloaded it to me you are correct give me a couple days to work on it.thank you so much I will try getting the 16.5. It could if I could go backwards. Perhaps I had the beta version checked off and they downloaded it to me you are correct give me a couple days to work on it

To revert to a non-beta OS, you can refer to this Apple Support article.  If you don't have a Mac, it may be possible to restore using the iTunes application on a Windows PC.

--
Ricky

Announcements