cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up EOS 90D so I can use the LCD screen while taking photos. Mine stays black

Richard90D
Apprentice

How do I set my 90D so I can look at the LCD screen to take photos.  Mine stay black all the time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The stop start button on the right side of the viewfinder enables live view shootings. Make sure its set to photo mode then press the stop start button. This will cause the mirror to go into the lock up position. Allowing the rear LCD screen to show the live view display.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

normadel
Authority
Authority

It's called "Live View" shooting. Please look at your manual. There is a button on your camera to turn on Live View. 

Thanks, I now have it working.  

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

The stop start button on the right side of the viewfinder enables live view shootings. Make sure its set to photo mode then press the stop start button. This will cause the mirror to go into the lock up position. Allowing the rear LCD screen to show the live view display.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Richard90D
Apprentice

Thanks for the help.  It now works and I know how to use it

Announcements