cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some disturbed images seen in my camera

Esqar
Apprentice

20220416152034_IMG_1642.jpg

I am using eos 77d with ef-s 18-135mm zoom lens 1:3.5- 5.6 is usm and recently I found some dust and small amount of fungal growth in my lens and recently I took some photos and the results are this way can you please suggest me what may be the problem I tried everything with ios settings and stabilizing the camera using stupid but no use every pic that the camera capture is same as this. is this some rhing ro do with my lens

13 REPLIES 13

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Are you getting focus confirmation?

Yes I am getting focal confirmation

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1. can you post the original image to DropBox?

2. can you post an iPhone picture of what the fungus in the lens looks like?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You need to find out if it is truly fungus. For the most part fungus is not removable. At first it may not affect your photos. If on the inside lens it will eventually damage the lens beyond repair.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Dust within the lens is far less of an issue than dust on the sensor.  Dust on the sensor will appear in the same spot on the image no matter what lens or focal length is used.  For most lenses, dust in the lens will be well short of the minimum focal distance.
As mentioned, fungus in the lens is another issue.  It should not immediately impact on images if the fungus is not major, but fungus has a habit of spreading and that is an issue. With a kit lens like the 18-135 USM, which is a great lens, it is going to be questionable as to whether the cost of fixing this is less than the cost of a replacement.  That requires investigation with some urgency.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

What have you done so far to confirm if it is fungus or not?   If you have not done so, you need to take it to a camera store and have them check out, or if you belong to a camera club / photographic society, get someone who knows what they're doing to check it for you.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Good move!
To be honest, after looking at the image from your Dropbox, I can't tell much except most of it is blurry.  There is no EXIF data.
Honestly, once you have the lens inspected physically by someone to confirm whether it is fungus and if not we can trouble-shoot other options.  If it is fungus it is unlikely that it will be worth fixing.
Has the lens been subject to moisture - either out in the elements, or in a dam storage location?

cheers, TREVOR

Announcements