cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T100 How to bracket with 5 images instead of 3

Breezy82
Apprentice

Hello everyone,

First I want to say thank you in advance for any and all assistance being offered. I am a first year college student majoring in photography. I have an assignment to submit 5 images using the bracketing settings on my EOS REBEL T100. The current setting is to shoot 3 images, my assignment is asking for 5 images. I have tried to figure it out with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just searched through the manual and it appears that the T100 is fixed at 3 shots for auto bracketing. I didn't find any info on how to change it.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just searched through the manual and it appears that the T100 is fixed at 3 shots for auto bracketing. I didn't find any info on how to change it.

That's what I seen as well. Do you have any ideas on how I could get 5 different bracketing settings or something like that? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could put the camera on a tripod and manually change the exposure compensation setting on the camera between shots to achieve your 5 shots.

Which is probably why 5 shots were specified for the assignment. 8^)

You will need some software that will let you create an HDR image from multiple shots, like photoshop, I don't know if DPP can do it.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Which is probably why 5 shots were specified for the assignment. 8^)

You will need some software that will let you create an HDR image from multiple shots, like photoshop, I don't know if DPP can do it.

DPP might be able to do it.  Some advanced camera models allow you to capture the focus stack as RAW images, instead of only as JPGs that do not get saved.  Hopefully, the RAW focus stacks can be processed by DPP.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I think we are talking about HDR here, not focus stacking.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the OP's post as only requiring 5 bracketed photos for an assignment. Nothing is mentioned about HDR or focus stacking.

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@Breezy82 wrote:

Hello everyone,

First I want to say thank you in advance for any and all assistance being offered. I am a first year college student majoring in photography. I have an assignment to submit 5 images using the bracketing settings on my EOS REBEL T100. The current setting is to shoot 3 images, my assignment is asking for 5 images. I have tried to figure it out with no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Does the professor know that the T100 will only take 3 exposures? If so, then s/he is probably giving you a riddle to solve using AEB. You can do it while keeping within the spirit of the exercise by taking two sets. If you are unsure how to do what I am about to explain, please visit page 116 of your T100 users manual.

First, assuming you have exposure set set to your liking (aperture, shutter, ISO), set "Exposure compensation" to 0 (see attached), it should be there by default, but it can be moved as per second bullet in step 2. Now use the main dial to set your dark and bright bracket and take the shot. Please note that to get all of the shots with one press, you will have to use the built in "Self timer", either 2 or 10 seconds, otherwise you will have to press the shutter 3 times.

Now that you have your shots, start the process again, but move your dark and bright adjustment. In my example, I made them lighter and darker, but you can play with that to your liking. Once you have your two sets, delete one of the "0" Expo.comp. images. This will leave you with 5 for your project. You can also make your light/dark settings closer together then move Expo./comp (bright/dark will follow it), but I will let you study on that 🙂

AEB T100-2a.jpg

I hope this helps,

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

@FloridaDrafter wrote:

@Breezy82 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Does the professor know that the T100 will only take 3 exposures? If so, then s/he is probably giving you a riddle to solve using AEB. You can do it while keeping within the spirit of the exercise by taking two sets. If you are unsure how to do what I am about to explain, please visit page 116 of your T100 users manual.

First, assuming you have exposure set set to your liking (aperture, shutter, ISO), set "Exposure compensation" to 0 (see attached), it should be there by default, but it can be moved as per second bullet in step 2. Now use the main dial to set your dark and bright bracket and take the shot. Please note that to get all of the shots with one press, you will have to use the built in "Self timer", either 2 or 10 seconds, otherwise you will have to press the shutter 3 times.

Now that you have your shots, start the process again, but move your dark and bright adjustment. In my example, I made them lighter and darker, but you can play with that to your liking. Once you have your two sets, delete one of the "0" Expo.comp. images. This will leave you with 5 for your project. You can also make your light/dark settings closer together then move Expo./comp (bright/dark will follow it), but I will let you study on that 🙂

AEB T100-2a.jpg

I hope this helps,

Newton

If you MUST use the bracketing tool/mode, then make two captures.  I assume that you will be shooting from a tripod.  If not, then you should be.  You do not want any camera motion or movement between shots.

Newton’s screenshot shows an example with the center point at 0 Ev.  I suggest taking one set of exposures at -1 Ev, and then capture another set at +1 Ev.

[EDIT]. Perhaps a better approach is to leave the bracket centered at 0 Ev, as shown in the screenshot.  Capture one sample as shown, -1 Ev to +! Ev.  

Leave the bracket centered at 0 Ev.  Now widen the range to -2 Ev to +2 Ev.  Capture another sample.  I recommend using the Shutter Delay Timer and a tripod.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements