cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R6 MKII not working after latest firmware update

gabrielt24
Contributor

I updated the firmware. My camera shows the firmware is updated. Now when I start shooting either single or high speed multiple shots successively the camera says busy and it takes about 3 seconds for it to process the image and I only get 1 image out of all the clicks I did. Also I get some blurry images even though I set speed at 1/1000 sec. It seems like everything is out of whack How do I fix this? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have both bodies. Resetting the camera did fix the problems. Thank you

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Applying firmware should have reset the camera settings, but it would be best to reset the camera back to factory defaults.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I did reset the camera back to factory setting. That did not help. Thanks

After resetting, the busy message went away but I am only able to shoot single shot, no high speed multiple shots.

Do you have the appropriate setting enabled? Note that by default Shoot Continously defaults to "Low speed continuous". 

Refer to page 291 onward in the User Manual for how to set burst mode settings.

--
Ricky

That fixed the problem. Thank you

Please update this topic to select the answer as the solution. This helps other readers know that the issue has been solved. Thank you.

--
Ricky

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Multiple posts from this user.  Same description.  One post is for the R7, the other is R6 mkII.  Which body are we troubleshooting @gabrielt24?

Thanks

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have both bodies. Resetting the camera did fix the problems. Thank you

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thank you for this clarification.  I believe my colleague Ricky provided the solution.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements