cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV photos coming out soft and blurry

Sannystac07
Contributor

I have been reading about solutions for "soft" looking photos or should I say blurry photos and I'm beginning to think there's no solution. I've tried everything and my daughter has the same issue. I try to fix the softness in Lr but it only does so much. Remini is okay for fixing this as long as it doesn't make your human look too unrealistic. This is an ongoing issue and probably nothing that the shooter is doing wrong. 

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The is no reason that the 5D Mark IV is not capable of producing sharp images with proper settings and technique.

Can you post to Dropbox or One Drive some RAW photos from your camera that you feel look soft or blurry?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

What lens are you using? What environment are you in (e.g. low light)?   As John mentioned, please provide some examples of what you're seeing.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"The is no reason that the 5D Mark IV is not capable of producing super sharp images ..."

Remember the lens makes the shot. The camera is merely a storage device that saves the data the lens collected. Oh, sure, the camera does some processing depending on how you have it set up but that is only telling it how to save the photo. Most of the time a camera like the 5D Mk IV does exactly what you tell it to. So, it is possible you set something incorrectly. It is also possible there is something missing in your shooting technique.  A sample of  what you are seeing would help us a lot to determine which.

Your best practice is to use Raw format and do all the image processing and editing in post. Lightroom and Photoshop are  my favorite goto platforms for that. But the latest DPP4 from Canon is very good and it is free. You can't beat free!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Yep, agree with all of the above, it is highly unlikely that the camera is the issue.  So, we come down to lenses and how the camera (and lens) are configured and operated - at this stage it is too early to rule any of those out.  We definitely need several examples that are large enough to view in detail, plus the camera settings: lens, focal length, f/shop, s/speed and ISO please.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@ginafancher,  **Edit - Seems the mods took care of this.**

Welcome,

This is your first post.  This thread is nearly 2 years old with no replies until yours.  

If you would like assistance, please start a new thread and include the model of your Canon product, lenses, and any accessories you are using.  It would be helpful if you could also provide sample images with shooting information.

This will give your issue the visibility it deserves.  No one here is going to recommend cracked versions of third party software.  DPP is a much better option and is free.  Please start a new thread with the requested information.

Thanks in advance.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements