cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV Horizontal Lines show up in Long Expo

warwarstudios
Apprentice

So i went out to shoot long exposures with my 5D mk 4 and came across a pretty annoying issue with 80 percent of my pictures from my trip. These lines keep showing up on all my long expo pics. This picture is ISO at 200, for 41 seconds and shot in RAW. Is my shutter getting stuck? I have a Mk 3 and the Eos R as well, but its my Mk4 giving me the issues. Please help! 🙂New set.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

I guess this is the closest match to what could have happened or what probably is broken but the odd thing is it doesnt show up in video, nor in normal photos. Just during long exposures and always on the same spot.

Some stuck pixels only show up in long exposures.  Due to compression in normal videos and jpgs, the stuck pixel will get "averaged" out by surrounding pixels.  Take a long 30s exposure pic with raw with lens cap on and viewfinder blacked out.  You'll see your sensor will have a some stuck pixels but doesn't show up in regular use.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

Camerabeginner
Apprentice

I have the exact same problem when doing night long exposure on my Canon 5DS. Any solutions or fixes?

Any raw files?

@Camerabeginner wrote:

I have the exact same problem when doing night long exposure on my Canon 5DS. Any solutions or fixes?

Please start a new thread.  It helps to put your issue at the top of the thread.  It is easy to get mixed up when more than one person jumps in with similar or different issues.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements