cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon EOS 1300D red light showing

sleepy
Apprentice

Whenever I take a picture it doesn't take the picture like it is trying to develop itself, it sometimes says busy or it just takes too long to take it so I have to turn it off, the red light is permanently showing also when I take a picture. I have tried multiple SD cards, I have tried multiple lenses and I am not sure what else I can do please help 😞

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What size SD Cards are you using. Older cameras don't work with SD Cards larger than 32GB. Also avoid using Micro SD Cards in an adapter. Those cause all sorts of problems. Stick with full size SD Cards.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I actually somehow fixed it but I am confused, maybe because I am a camera noob lol, I set the camera settings to a higher aperture and that's when it started saying busy, is there a reason why I can't use a higher aperture?

sleepy,

No, no there's no reason necessarily that you can't use a higher aperture number, but if you look at it in terms of your exposure triangle, when you use a smaller aperture, or one with a higher aperture number, the camera needs more time to take a "proper" exposure.

In other words, if you take a picture with an aperture of f/1.8, the camera is going to need less of a shutter time or speed than if you take the same picture with an aperture of f/11 or f/22.

Wide apertures like f/1.8 let a lot of light in, so the sensor needs less time  Narrow apertures like f/11 or f/16 lets less light in, so the sensor needs more time.

Steve Thomas

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I do not think there should be an issue with using higher aperture values.  The higher values do reduce that amount of light entering the camera, which can cause your ISO to be raised or your shutter speed decreased.  What exactly will happen will depend on your shooting mode setting on the top dial and noise reduction settings in the camera.

Raising the ISO can cause the High ISO Noise Reduction to kick in.  The camera processes the image you just captured, which can take a moment of time in cases.  During this “time out,” the red light may turn on.  A similar “time out” can occur when your shutter speed slows down beyond a fixed limit.

For these and other reasons, I would recommend using P mode and disabling all the noise reduction features in the camera menu settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements