cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Register Refurbished EOS Rebel T7 bought from Canon - says "Serial number already registered"

kirstenneus
Apprentice

Hi there,

I bought a Refurbished EOS Rebel T7 from Canon in April of 2022. I'm having issues with the camera now and I cannot access any support options without registering my camera. I have my original order details and receipt, but when I try to register the camera it says "Serial number already registered."

I never registered my camera and have no registered products associated with my Canon.com account. I cannot find any ways to contact Canon support about this issue without registering my camera first, which seems to be impossible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Someone else registered the serial number. I'm confident that someone from Canon will respond.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Your registration / serial number issue can be resolved by contacting Canon Support.

1-800-652-2666

As long as you purchased the camera from an authorized Canon Dealer, have proof of purchase, and did not purchase grey market, support can help you.  Give them a call.  Be patient with the voice recognition system.  Sometimes it's tricky to navigate.  😊

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements