Did you mean: 

COMING SOON! The EOS R1

ccanada
Community Manager
Community Manager
4 REPLIES 4

flyingron
Contributor

Yep, and maybe if I buy one Canon will ship it to me.

jhonnsmith
Apprentice

Hello

I'm waiting for that.

Regards

Jhon Smith

pixrguy
Apprentice

The R3 satisfies most of my needs at the moment for photography, but comes up short for videography. 

The things I would love to see the R1 do: 

1. Ability to Record in ProRes format in Camera!  

2. Record 120fps 4k with Audio & without overheating limitations

The ability to record ProRes as an Adobe Premiere Pro user would simplify my life greatly without the need to either use an external monitor to record (which eats up battery life & also depends on a cord for connectivity) or spend Significant Time transcoding files from h.265 HEVC to ProRes.  Premiere Pro works seamlessly with ProRes files.  Please Please Please!! 

RobertStone
Apprentice

It’s embarrassing, Nikon and Sony’s are 45mp+ and this is 24mp… after 30 years with Canon I’m tired of them disappointing. Unless they have an R1s that’s a high MP version, I’m switching (and many others are too). They really messed this one up.

The R3 already does a high FPS, no one needs 120 FPS, also that awful top-window that could be wider and the option to invert the awful black “foreground” and not enough info… I just don’t know what they are doing but it’s not a flagship compared to other brands… we want a high MP camera with a vertical grip and pro-weather sealing and large battery. Can’t get that from the R5… Nikon gets it with their Z8/Z9 cameras and they did it 2 years ago… canon’s lost their marbles if they think anyone is going to buy that a 24mp camera in 2024 is a flagship…

Announcements