cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brackets in Live View

brandonallen962
Apprentice

Hey I was just wondering, when I take photos in Live View mode on my Canon 5d Mark III there are brackets that are always on the outside of the image, even when I import them to lightroom and I was wondering how I could turn them off because I've looked everywhere in the settings and can't find anything. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

This does not make sense. It could be that Lightroom is showing the focus points - the brackets - and it is an option you can turn off. They are *not* on the image.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Crop lines maybe? Do you have them set in Custom Functions?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

diverhank
Authority

@brandonallen962 wrote:

Hey I was just wondering, when I take photos in Live View mode on my Canon 5d Mark III there are brackets that are always on the outside of the image, even when I import them to lightroom and I was wondering how I could turn them off because I've looked everywhere in the settings and can't find anything. Thanks!

There are a couple of settings for Live View that could have presented in what you're seeing:

1. You have the grid display enabled

2. You have set an aspect ration that requires cropping...

I think it's the # 2 if the "brackets" are outside the images.  Here is the excerpts of the manual that talks about it:

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements