cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark 4 SD Card Info

Sylhet81
Contributor
How do I see Remaining time on SD Card on 5D Mark 4 display?
3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Sylhet81 wrote:
How do I see Remaining time on SD Card on 5D Mark 4 display?

If you need to ask that question, how much video time I have left, then you probably need buy some spare cards.

As I pointed out in the other thread, I am certain that card format menu will tell you how much free space you have left.  You can add that menu choice to your custom menu, BTW.  

Remember, the 5D4 is first and foremost a camera for shooting stills, which just happens to able to record video.  In other words, the 5D4 is not a video camera, which is a different device from a camcorder.  Serious videographers do not even use the video camera to store video, opting instead to record the video signal in an external device. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sylhet81
Contributor
When you add 4K recording, implemt good auto focus system and many more do the video recording, It just not a just still photography camera, it's much better then normal semi professional camera out there. However, it's just a simple add on to the camera, even a home made camcorder have this option.

@Sylhet81 wrote:
When you add 4K recording, implemt good auto focus system and many more do the video recording, It just not a just still photography camera, it's much better then normal semi professional camera out there. However, it's just a simple add on to the camera, even a home made camcorder have this option.

It just might do it.  I don't know.  Check the instruction manual.  It may display on the LCD during video mode, but it may require a button press to change the displayed information.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements