cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sigma lens doesn't fit the canon EOS 1300D camera.

Nife
Apprentice

Hello, I bought Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM, on lensora site it said that the Sigma lens and Canon EOS 1300D are compatible, but the lens doesn't fit. Anyone knows what to do?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Did you specifically purchase the EF mount version (part number 00-85126-88354-6)?  If not, you'd need to return it and exchange.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Unfortunately, you've told us everything about that lens except the one thing that matters, which is the lens mount.  That lens comes in a variety of mounts, but only the EF version will fit your camera.  As Ricky said, if your lens isn't EF, you'll need to exchange it.

If you want to know more about lens mounts and compatibility, I wrote an article about it: https://moonblink.info/MudLake/gear/lenses

normadel
Authority
Authority

The lens is compatible if it is the EF-mount version. Is it?

This is odd because i just looked to see who/what Lensora is. Doesn't appear to be a place where you can BUY anything....just an information site. Who exactly did you buy your lens from?

6 REPLIES 6

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Did you specifically purchase the EF mount version (part number 00-85126-88354-6)?  If not, you'd need to return it and exchange.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Unfortunately, you've told us everything about that lens except the one thing that matters, which is the lens mount.  That lens comes in a variety of mounts, but only the EF version will fit your camera.  As Ricky said, if your lens isn't EF, you'll need to exchange it.

If you want to know more about lens mounts and compatibility, I wrote an article about it: https://moonblink.info/MudLake/gear/lenses

normadel
Authority
Authority

The lens is compatible if it is the EF-mount version. Is it?

This is odd because i just looked to see who/what Lensora is. Doesn't appear to be a place where you can BUY anything....just an information site. Who exactly did you buy your lens from?

I didn't buy it from Lensora, I bought it from another person. 

The problem was the fact, that in the auction it was said that the mount is EF-S, but it was a lie and it has been an completely other mount.

If you bought it on eBay, open up a return case. Even if the listing said "No Returns", eBay will put it through if it was misrepresented by the seller.

I already resold it.

Thanks for your and also AtticusLake's and Ricky's help.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements