cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter -- Canon EF lenses to Mamiya RZ67 pro ii body

ezippy
Apprentice

I'm considering the purchase of a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II camera body and curious if there's an adapter that would allow me to use my Canon EF lenses on the Mamiya RZ67 body.

All I've found in my research are adapters that allow the use of RZ67 lenses on an Canon EF camera body, which is not what I'm looking for.

2 REPLIES 2

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

As I understand it, the Mamiya RZ67 is a roll-film camera that shoots onto 120 or 220 film.  Images in that format are generally 6cm wide.  No EF lens can create an image anywhere close to that size.  So I would guess no.

Plus, most EF lenses would require electronic control from the camera to focus and set aperture; and the Mamiya isn't going to provide that.  So, again no.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Interestingly enough if it is possible to find an adapter the Mamiya RZ67 creates a  "crop", in this case I guess an "enlarge", factor of 0.5x. 😁 An ef 50mm f1.8 would appear like a 25mm lens. I know there are Mamiya RZ67 adapter to EF but not aware of the other way. I am pretty sure there would be some significant vignetting but not knowing the distance from film plane to lens who knows.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements