cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ef to RF Compatibility list

scottalanphoto
Apprentice

I have a Tamron EF 40mm f1.8 that I loved using with my Canon 5D MK II. I purchased the R and the Canon EF to RF adapter. However, that lens does not seem to work on the R once mounted with the adapter. Any idea what's going on? Is there list of lenses that are just not compatible with the R system? 

3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

There are no guarantees that any particular third party lens will work with an adapter. The 150-600 Telephotos seem to work OK. You might ask Tamron if there is a software update for your lens.

As for the list, feel free to start one. 8^)

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Canon only makes compatability list for their own gear. It's up to the 3rd Party to ensure compatability with Canon cameras. Canon never said that Tamron lenses are compatible with it's mount.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It really isn't a question about whether will it work or not. It is how well will it work. I believe the option to allow the shutter to release without a lens can be found under Custom Function 4 of the menu. It allows almost any lens to "work". How well is the question.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements