cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620a touch screen unresponsive

jfire7887
Contributor

The subject line says it all, except that the printer was only bought 3 months ago to the day, and has seen very light use so far.  I did find an article "Touch Screen Does Not Respond" on Canon support for the printer... that only suggested the possibility of protective film still on or attached to it.  Canon, you have to be kidding me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jfire7887
Contributor

OK, so I tried leaving it unplugged for awhile, and while it was, I played today's Wordle and Spelling Bee and checked my Facebook page and tried to forget how irritating the (non-)support page was, and when I plugged it back in, it was working.  (First telling me it wasn't shut off properly last time - it wasn't, I pulled the plug - and telling me how I should do that. [OK])  Maybe Canon could add that to the troubleshooting for this?  Just a thought. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jfire7887
Contributor

OK, so I tried leaving it unplugged for awhile, and while it was, I played today's Wordle and Spelling Bee and checked my Facebook page and tried to forget how irritating the (non-)support page was, and when I plugged it back in, it was working.  (First telling me it wasn't shut off properly last time - it wasn't, I pulled the plug - and telling me how I should do that. [OK])  Maybe Canon could add that to the troubleshooting for this?  Just a thought. 🙂

tessdeV
Contributor

I have same issue and cannot find any way to get support. Does Canon have support anywhere?

Did you try what I did?

Yes. Still nothing.

Just to be clear, you didn't just shut it off, but did unplug it?  And let it sit that way for 15 or even 30 minutes before plugging it back in?

@jfire7887 wrote:

Just to be clear, you didn't just shut it off, but did unplug it?  And let it sit that way for 15 or even 30 minutes before plugging it back in?

When it is unplugged you could also try cycling the power button a few times to drain any stored charge.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements