cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620 cuts off top of first page printed

ex-mainer
Apprentice

I have a Canon TR8620 printer which cuts off the top of the first page that it prints.  Subsequent pages are fine.  Is there a fix for this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

Do you see any error messages?
Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue (such as software/app you're using when this happens, type of paper, device you're printing from, etc.)

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

No error message - printer is happy, just starts printing before paper is there.  It is Windows 10 Home, and a USB connection to the PC.  Only when printing from cassette, and only the first page printed.  Doesn't matter if it is PDF, Word, or even an Excel spreadsheet.

Hi,

Please delete the printer from your computer and then disconnect the printer usb cord. You will then want to restart the computer and once it restarts, click HERE to open the support page for your printer. 

Select software and downloads and reinstall the TR8600 series Driver setup package. Make sure the USB cord is stays disconnected until a message appears in the install asking to reconnect it. 

Once the printer is reinstalled, try to print again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Happens to me all the time as well!!!!!!

ex-mainer
Apprentice

This looks good.  I printed a multi-page double-sided document, which almost always has at least one page trimmed off, but this one was good.  I will try a printing a few more docs before clicking accept, but this looks very promising.

ex-mainer
Apprentice

Printing seems to be more consistent with latest software, but it is not a complete fix.  There seem to be fewer pages trimmed, and it seems to be more of a problem when printing on both sides.  Single-sided sheets seem to be more consistently good.  I was using 24# paper today and that seems to be more prone to the trimming problem than the 20# paper I was using yesterday.

Announcements