cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620 - USB connection returns: "A communication error has occured."

richcb7
Apprentice

My PC sits right next to the printer and has a USB connection. Today when I tried to use it I get the above error and nothing happens.  I ran the setup again and it returned no errors, but still does not respond to the computer.

Anyone know what is happening here?

Thanks,

Richard..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

richcb7
Apprentice

Gezzz, that was insane!  It kept returning FAILED to connect. I had to delete EVERYTHING related to Canon in the system. It finally worked with several restarts and reinstalling of just the basic drivers (several times).  

It is finally working.  Yeah!!!

Thanks,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

richcb7
Apprentice

I may have stumbled across the cause of this error.

It appears that I have multiple copies of the printer drivers on my computer, but ONLY 1 of them is the correct one.  

The question now is how do I get rid of the duplicate versions???

Hi,

Go into the control panel on your computer and select View Devices and Printers. Once that opens, the printers installed will be listed and you can remove them from there. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

If you have another usb port on your device, please try connecting the printer to it. If that does not work, try connecting it to a port that was recognized by another device like a mouse or keyboard and swap the mouse or keyboard to the port the printer was in. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

richcb7
Apprentice

Gezzz, that was insane!  It kept returning FAILED to connect. I had to delete EVERYTHING related to Canon in the system. It finally worked with several restarts and reinstalling of just the basic drivers (several times).  

It is finally working.  Yeah!!!

Thanks,

Announcements