cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR4720 Printer Jam light wont go out, printer busy error

flowerpot2023
Apprentice

This is an almost new TR4720 Canon printer. I have the Jam light solidly on. there is not a scrap of paper in the machine. Sometimes the Jam light goes out and I print a few pages and then it comes on again - absolutely no paper in the machine. This is incredibly dispappointing I have a huge deadline and no matter what nothing is helping. The machine spits out a code like 1300 or 1500. I have removed the ink and installed again. I have opened front back everywhere they problem is not paper jammed. Something is setting the jam light on which renders the machine unuseable. I can't afford to pay for a new one again and it had a warranty for a month. The printer is very good when it works but with the Jam light solidly lit I can't print a thing.

2 REPLIES 2

flowerpot2023
Apprentice

Update - the Jam light is off but now I get an error that "Printer is busy" so it wont print.

Hi,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If the busy message still appears, please let us know if the printer is connected to the computer via USB cord or wireless. Also, let us know if there is any error code on the printer when the busy message appears. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements