cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing problem with Pixma MX922

wickerwoman
Apprentice

All of a sudden my Pixma MX922 all-in-one printer has started printing with very, very tiny font and is positioned only in the upper left-hand quadrant of the page.

To my knowledge, I haven't changed any settings or done anything to create this problem. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I'm using an iMac OS Monterey with Chrome browser if that's any help. This happens when printing out Gmail, PDFs or anything on Chrome like websites, screenshots, etc.

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Does this only happen when printing from Chrome? If you were to pull up a text document saved on your computer or a page from safari, does the same issue happen? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Yes, Arthur we discussed the Chrome issue and I said it works just fine from Firefox. Also works correctly when I download the file, screenshot or pdf and then open from Acrobat as a pdf and print. You and I both agreed that it must be a problem with the Mac and Chrome. The phone number you gave me to call Google to discuss this problem just put me on hold for over 45 minutes so I gave up. After that, I did extensive research all to no avail but it's a big issue without a solution other than downloading everything first and then printing off of Chrome entirely. When you try to print as I have for years and years now, it reverts to the small type face and only prints in upper left-hand corner, every time.  

Oh, shoot, Arthur, I'm sorry but I thought you were the technician I talked with at Canon about this issue. My mistake, his name was Allen! But as you see from my reply, there hasn't been a solution that I've found yet. So, to answer your question, yes, it only happens on Chrome. And this problem only started within the last week or so for me, but for others it started a couple years ago when Chrome/Google made changes. 

No worries, 

Since the issue is caused by something in Chrome, the only other suggestion I have as a work around is to adjust the scale in Chrome. You can use the steps below: 

1. Open Chrome browse to the page you want to print.
  2. Press the Ctrl + P keys to open the print preview of Chrome. Now the page you want to print should be on the left of the screen while the print options are on the right.
  3. Select the More settings option.
  4. Now, next to the Scale option, click on the drop-down menu and select Custom.
  5. Now, enter the number you want to set the scale at. As you increase or decrease the scale, the preview of the page on the left side will also change. This way you can set the proper scaling that you want.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer.

Thanks for your advice about the scaling settings but I already tried all that before posting this problem issue. Did more Google searching and it seems like a lot of people have the very same issue (small type face and only printing in top left-hand quarter of page) and it's been going on for years with no solution. And everyone suggests changing the scaling settings under More settings. What a PITA to have to download everything and then print out through Adobe Acrobat instead of directly from the Chrome browser!!!!! Firefox and Safari are just fine, no issues, so it's absolutely a Chrome/Google printing problem. Grrrrr!!!!

Announcements