cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX922 Two Printers Both Printing Blurry Black Lines

katman2
Apprentice

I have two Canon MX 922 printers purchased over a year apart and both start printing blurry black lines at the same time.  It happens every third line.  I haven't found a solution unfortunately.

3 REPLIES 3

AliDicko
Apprentice

I have been struggling for months with this on 3 printers. It is obviously in the drive. But thanks to you all I finally found  a run-around (unless canon kills it ). Just print in Hagati. (Much faster that when you set it to photo or the other papers mentioned.) Chose Quality and media and chose Hagati paper.Try the differnt types. Hagati A prints the lightest, Hagati jet ink prints high quality and darker.   Interesting that they apparantly didn't mess with the Japanese script.Speaks poorly of canon - a company I always regarded highly

Hi AliDicko,

When you switch the paper types to something other than plain paper, the PIXMA MX922 will use the dye based black to print text.  If you switch back to plain paper, the printer will draw from the larger black ink, the pigment black.

If you are experiencing the same issue as the poster above, please try cleaning the encoder as I suggested.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi katman2,

Blurry printing can be caused by a smudge on the encoder/timing strip.

To clean the encoder/timing strip, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article available from our web site:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142447

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements