cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T6420a scans to PC only intermittently

alphatamale
Apprentice

Canon TS6400 prints fine, but when I try to scan using IJ utility, it will scan in one or two pages then says:

Cannot scan for these reasons:
-Scanner is turned off
-(If using LAN connection) It is disconnected from LAN
-(If using wireless LAN connection) Signal strength is poor due to obstructions.
-Network connection is prohibited by security software
-Different scanner on the network is selected

I have verified correct printer is selected, PC and printer on same network, updated drivers, rebooted printer, PC, and router, turned off firewall on my Win11 laptop.   Printer and laptop are near router, and again, never have trouble printing wirelessly.

5 REPLIES 5

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the exact printer model number you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Thank you for your kind reply.  My printer is a Canon 6420a.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi alphatamale,

Please attempt to scan again.  When the error message appears, what code appears at the bottom?  It will look something like 2,155,9 or similar.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi alphatamale,

The 2,157,50 error occurs when security software blocks incoming communication from the scanner.

Please configure your security software so that the TS6420a and it's software are allowed through.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements