cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 error 168A after new cartridge installation

amyleem1027
Apprentice

I just installed new printer cartridges for my printer and I'm getting an error (168A-Install the cartridges properly)

I took the cartridges back out and re-installed but I keep getting the same error message. How can I get this fixed?

Thank you,

5 REPLIES 5

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer.

If that does not work, hold down the stop button on the printer for 5 seconds and then release it. 

If the ink is still not detected, please take a picture of the ink cartridge and attach it to your reply. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Good morning. 

That didn't work. Anything else I can try?

Here is a picture of the ink cartridges

1000001458.jpg

Hi,

While third party inks can be used in Canon printers, they are not recommended because they are made by a third party and not tested by Canon. 

At this time, I would have to suggest trying Canon cartridges to resolve the error on the printer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I have the same issue and nothing helps so far. The cartrige was purchased at Staples. It worked but the quality of print was too bad, so I wanted to re-install it and after I put it back it shows the 168A error ever since20240314_101332.jpg. Attached is the picture of the cartrige.

Hi,

Based on your description, there may be a issue with the cartridge. I recommend reaching out to Canon support for further assistance.

You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Announcements