cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX492 - Scanning feature stopped working weeks ago. Now printer won't print says offline.

artistfpk
Contributor

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I see you've recently joined the community.  When possible, please provide the following.  Computer OS (version and build) you are using the printer with.  How the printer is connected and to what?  (Router, Wireless network, USB).  Have you received an error messages?  Also, can you tell us any troubleshooting steps you've performed, and provide any additional observations you feel might be helpful for us to understand your issue(s) better.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

artistfpk
Contributor

Sorry, For some reason, I was limited to posting any more than the brief sentence I did. I don't know why. I'm on a Dell laptop with Windows 11, Pixma MX 492 printer. Xfinity Wireless. No error messages.

artistfpk_0-1708960212305.png

After much clicking and shut down, my printing ability is back. However, my scan feature is not. I don't even know where to start to fix that. I'm not hugely technical, so I hope there's a simple solution.  Thanks much.

Hi,

When you try to scan from IJ Scan Utility is the printer listed as MX490 series or MX490 series network? Also, what error message appears when you try to scan? 

We look forward to your reply. 

When I press the Scan button it reads Scan Mode (WIFI) but when I press OK it defaults to Local USB and I can't get it to do anything else.  Hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi,

It sounds like you are pressing the scan button on the printer. As a test, try scanning from IJ Scan Utility. It should have installed with the Canon printer driver and can be found in the Canon Utilities folder on your computer. 

When you open IJ Scan Utility select make sure the printer is listed as MX490 series network and the press the auto or document option to scan. Then let us know if the printer can scan or if a error message appears. 

We look forward to your reply. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements