cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MX340 how to clear memory

mth
Apprentice

Does the all-in-one Pixma MX340 store memory after it is unplugged? I am wanting to donate my printer but want to be certain there is no memory stored from items I have printed or scanned.

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

That's a great question! You're fine. You do want to make sure to follow THESE steps to reset your printer to default factory settings. 

There was a very recent Product Vulnerability Mitigation/Remediation policy that we put out. The long and short of it is that we determined some printers maintain your WiFi SSID (the WiFi name) and password in the printer's memory, even after you factory reset your device. Again, your model isn't impacted, but you can see the full advisory and steps to fully initialize an impacted unit HERE.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, my printer is malfunctioning and won’t turn on. I am concerned that if I donate it to someone who can get it working again, they will have access to store information since I am unable to reset it to factory settings. 

if I decide to drop it off at a recycling place instead, is there something I can remove from the inner workings to protect my information?

Announcements