cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG3620 - power & alarm flash alternately 4 times

ikbremner
Apprentice

Hello, I'm absolutely desperate for help! Having a terrible experience with Canon.

What began as a simple paper jam (which I cleared) has turned into a dead printer. The power and the alarm flash alternately four times (power, alarm, power, alarm, pause). I've tried holding the Stop button down per the paper jam directions but it's completely unresponsive. I've tried powering down and powering up. I've tried to find the answer in the knowledge base. I've tried to contact support, but I got a pop-up saying "Product is No Longer Supported"(!?) and to ask the community for help. Canon, what the hell? I bought the printer last month. Can anyone out there help?

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Please do the following: 

1. Cancel printing and turn off the machine.
  2. Confirm the following.
    • There is no paper or protective materials preventing the FINE cartridge holder from moving.
    • The FINE cartridges are correctly installed: Open the paper output cover. When the head cover opens, push up the ink cartridge lock lever to confirm that the cartridges are installed properly. Then close the paper output cover.
  3. Turn the machine back on.

If the flashing continues, the printer would require service. Since the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements