cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX472 printer - want to turn off Wireless

mx472owner
Apprentice

Hello Community,

It's not a big thing, but Canon's online manual is of no help, but hope this forum can help.

I inadvertently enabled Wifi on this printer, but I'm using the hardwired USB connection and don't want the wifi version. But I find no way to turn it off.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Press the setup button on your printer (screwdriver icon) and then use the right or left arrow and press OK on Device Settings. Use the right or left arrow again and select reset setting. From there use the arrow again and select LAN Settings and press OK. This will restore the printer's network settings back to factory default. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Press the setup button on your printer (screwdriver icon) and then use the right or left arrow and press OK on Device Settings. Use the right or left arrow again and select reset setting. From there use the arrow again and select LAN Settings and press OK. This will restore the printer's network settings back to factory default. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you! There was, for me, one additional step. In LAN settings, press right arrow to get LAN Inactive (I think), then OK. A few seconds pause, then Wifi is off & blue LED is gone.

Announcements