cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5420 Is There a Way to Sharpen Print-on-Disc Artwork?

BSquared18
Contributor

Hello,

BOTTOM LINE: Can I change the Print Quality setting when printing my artwork on a printable disc?

I recently changed from an Epson R220 printer to a Canon MG5420. Both allow direct printing onto printable CD and DVD discs. I changed printers because of Epson's tendency for the ink nozzles to dry out, making the printer unusable. Three R220s have died on me that way, in spite of my trying several solvents to flush them out.

I create the artwork (photos, drawings, text) in Photoshop, save it as a .jpg, and import it into Canon's Disc Label Print software.

I've noticed that the disc printing I got from the Epson printer was significantly sharper than that I am getting from the Canon printer. I see that in the Canon program you can make facial adjustments (sharpness, etc.). Is there a way also to improve the overall resolution of the printed images? As is, the resulting printing is acceptable, but I know from my experience with Epsons that it could be better.

Thanks,

Bill

1 REPLY 1

BSquared18
Contributor

Since starting this thread, I've done more exploring and found a partial answer. Don't know if it's the best, but it helps.

The steps are:

After the artwork is on the template and before printing,

Right-click on the image.

On the drop-down menu, select Correct/Enhance.

Click on the Manual tab.

Increase the sharpness on the Sharpness scale. (I tried 10, and it seemed to work well to sharpen the text.)

It's still not up to the level of the Epson printer I had, but the text is less jagged. Of course, too much sharpness can make other parts of an image--such as people's faces--seem less realistic.

Next time, I might try a mid-range sharpness to see if that is a good balance.

Bill

Announcements