Did you mean: 

Canon PIXMA MX922 PGBK black ink urgent

eliqo
Apprentice

hi

i have printer canon pixma mx922

and ink can be found only at amazon

so i bought serveral inks  Canon  CLI-251

because at my country the ink is nowhere to find at pc&printer shops.

now the problem  is the printer says error that she couldnt locate the PGBK Black (the big black ink that inside which is not coming with the

Canon CLI-251 ink pack

[link removed per forum guidelines]

but i do have a black ink in this pack i bought

but still the printer asks for additional PGBK black ink the big one which is double size than the normal which you put in the middle where you put the inks at the printer.

so for my question is there any way i can define the printer to use just the small black ink which i already replaced with new or is the PGBK black big one is a must? because she wont print any black when i try to print doc or image.

also if i have to buy one

which one would it be? at amazon

because when i search for this PGBK black i cant find the exact model

thanks always

2 REPLIES 2

my2010
Apprentice

I had a same situation and tried a CLI-251 for the PGBK.  It didn't work, unlike my old Canon printer I had.  

You need a PGI-250 or PGI-250XL(extra large capacity, which is better in a long run). 

Amazon carries both. They are pretty popular model and "Staples" & "Office Depot" have those in stock as well, if you have any of those stores in your country.

Good luck!

TheTacoMonster
Apprentice

From a post I read elsewhere (canon doesn't allow offsite links) you may be able to prevent the PGBK from being called upon if you always specify duplex printing.  This is because the printer doesn't want to deal with the possibility of wet PGBK ink getting on the roller when the page is reversed.

In other words, trick the printer so it doesn't need the cartridge you are unable to purchase in your country.  I do not recommend at all trying to use any CLI cartrige in the PGBK slot - they are designed for different purposes. If you are able to have friends check other retail locations or use you can have it sent cheaply from a nearby country, I'd do that.  But in absence of having PGBK, the "duplex" option just might take care of the problem.  Look at the bottom of the Printing Preferences dialog for: a box to [ ]  Always Print with Current Settings

Announcements