cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MG6150 printer won't run on new Windows 11 laptop

aj2
Apprentice

I have a new Windows 11 laptop.

Printer is MG6150 which doesn't have a Windows 11 driver so downloaded Windows 10 as supposed to be compatible. 

Settings recognised printer but kept failing on instal.

Managed to install manually on LPT1 port but when try to print, says printer is not responding. Printer working fine on Desktop and other laptop.

Help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are only 4 ways to connect the printer.

USB, ethernet, wireless or bluetooth.  LPT1 is not supported, even if you try to select it.

How are you connecting to the device?

Start here:

If the printer is physically connected to the laptop via USB, unplug it.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers 

Right-click on the printer and select Remove from the context menu

Return to control panel > Programs and Features, Uninstall any Canon drivers or software

Restart you system

This driver should work with windows 10 x64

PIXMA MG6150 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Central and North Africa (ca...

Run the installer, following the prompts.  Do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

There are only 4 ways to connect the printer.

USB, ethernet, wireless or bluetooth.  LPT1 is not supported, even if you try to select it.

How are you connecting to the device?

Start here:

If the printer is physically connected to the laptop via USB, unplug it.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Device and Printers 

Right-click on the printer and select Remove from the context menu

Return to control panel > Programs and Features, Uninstall any Canon drivers or software

Restart you system

This driver should work with windows 10 x64

PIXMA MG6150 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Central and North Africa (ca...

Run the installer, following the prompts.  Do not connect the printer until prompted to do so.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you! I'm running on WiFi and did everything as you said first time, except somewhere I must have moved from working via the driver install back to using the windows install so something got lost. Having now deleted everything and started again (I had the right driver already) and followed the prompts properly it's all working and I can print.

Much appreciated. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for the feedback. Happy holidays.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements