cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan to MX722 from Mac

jnifir
Apprentice

This had been working just fine, but after a mac os update stopped working.  I am currently now on sonoma, but have tried with last 3 versions.  On the mac, I can print, but no longer see the scanning option; scanner not shown on mac image capture app.    On a windows machine, I can scan successfully using the microsoft scanning app.   Feels like a driver problem to me.  I've looked for the mentioned scan utility on the canon website but cannot find on the MX722 support page.  Help.  Hate to pitch this for another printer, but cannot spin up old windows laptop everytime I need to scan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jnifir
Apprentice

That worked!  Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, jnifir!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using as "PIXMA MX720" refers to a family of printers.  The specific model number should appear on the front of the printer at the upper right. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

MX722

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

The MX722 is retired and is not supported on the Sonoma operating system. The last scanner drivers made for the MacOS were Monterey V12. 

As a work around, you can try installing the drivers for Monterey but please be advised, these drivers were not tested in the latest MacOS. 

To install the driver, please click HERE and select software and drivers. You will want to change the OS listed from Sonoma to Monterey and then download/install the ICA Driver Ver. 5.0.0, MX720 series Scanner Driver Ver.19.3.0, and MX720 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.40.1.0.

Once all files are installed, remove the printer currently listed and add the printer back. Make sure it has the Canon driver listed and not Airprint. Then, once the printer is added back on, try to scan again. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jnifir
Apprentice

That worked!  Thank you!

Announcements