cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Tethering with the EOS R6 Mark II

sherryshoots
Apprentice

Has anyone had trouble tethering the Canon R6 Mark II?  I can tether with "Lightroom" but its inconsistent and "Capture One" doesn't even recognize the camera.   Any recommendations or help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I cannot confirm support in Lr or C1, but the EOS Utility should work.  

Canon Support for EOS R6 Mark II | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

In adobe, the R62 does not appear to be listed.

A list of cameras that can be tethered to Lightroom Classic (adobe.com)

C1 states support in 23 (16.0.1)

shadowsports_0-1695517614495.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

enizmon
Apprentice

I don't know what Canon is waiting for to solve this problem. Many users and a long time angry about this issue.

Could not agree more. I have been with Canon for 12 years and now am on the verge of moving to Nikon or Sony. It's really affecting my job and my clients are at their wits end too. 

enizmon
Apprentice

I have contacted support several times and the only solution is that the R6 Mark II is not supported in Lightroom. AND?

@enizmon wrote:

I have contacted support several times and the only solution is that the R6 Mark II is not supported in Lightroom. AND?

And until Adobe updates Lightroom it won't be able to be tethered. Not a Canon issue.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, I know, those who don't do their job are the people at Adobe

enizmon_0-1704901853171.png

jernihart
Apprentice

If you take the SD cards out of camera you can get the camera to communicate with capture one.  The problem I am still having is that even though you see and can work the camera, no image files will transfer to anywhere on the laptop.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of USB port is being used on the computer?  I’ve never tried to tether mine.  I’ve found it easier to use Bluetooth and an iPad.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jernihart
Apprentice

usba on computer, usbc on camera

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements