cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party Startup software for retired Power Shot A590 IS

jjBoye
Contributor

I received a Retired Power Shot A590 IS but do not know if the current software supports Windows or Mac. Canon has retired that camera and no longer provides driver/software support. Is there a third party provider for startup discs or software downloads? The camera works but I don't know how to tell whether it's been setup for Windows or Mac (preferred). Was able to get a PDF user guide but no apparent options for the Mac startup software. Any sources other than Canon? Thanks in advance 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Norm, Got the Canon OEM cable recommended for my A590 and it's working perfectly. No issues so far. The software downloads were file management apps which I don't needs as I use Apple Photos for that purpose. Thanks again for your help.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

There AREN'T charging-only USB Mini-B cables (connector that the camera has). All USB A-to-Mini B cables carry data. It is MICRO-B cables that could be charging-only, depending on what they were provided with. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you learn something every day.

Hi Norm, Got the Canon OEM cable recommended for my A590 and it's working perfectly. No issues so far. The software downloads were file management apps which I don't needs as I use Apple Photos for that purpose. Thanks again for your help.

Happy to help!

Announcements