cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Utility .Net Framework warning

JMcKinnon1966
Contributor

When I connect my eos rebel t6 and try to start eos utility version 3 I get a Net. Framework error message. What do I do?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would download and re-install EOS Utility to your computer. .Net Framework is a Microsoft utility that should be updated automatically if needed when you install the EOS Utility program.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What version and build of windows are you running?

If windows 10 or earlier, please do the following:

From the start menu, open or search for Control Panel.  Now open Programs and Features.  If you don't see this listed, look under the Programs Category.

Review the list of installed programs.  Do you happen to see Microsoft .Net Runtime.  Scroll to the left and let us know what version is installed.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It does not show  .Net Runtime

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is actually .NET Framework. Software that needs Microsoft's .NET Framework, should automatically install it along with the program installation, if you don't already have it on your computer.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

You didn't say what version of windows you were running?

*If* you have .Net Framework installed and its damaged or corrupt, this should fix it.

Download .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official Microsoft Download Center

If you are running windows 11, it includes .Net Framework v4.8.  Try running the repair tool above.

If you are running an earlier version of windows, see the following:

.NET Framework installation guide - .NET Framework | Microsoft Learn

shadowsports_0-1693606180532.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Windows 10

The repair tool didn't work

normadel
Authority
Authority

Does the message about .NET missing have a button/link to install it?

Or else, when you run Windows Updates, is .NET Framework one of the things it wants to install?

Yes and Yes

Announcements