cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel T7 not connecting to Camera Connect

notblakelee
Apprentice

I've used Camera Connect before and it worked just fine until I switched phones and now it seems it won't connect to my camera. I had an Iphone before and switched to Samsung. Not sure if that would be contributing to the issue but I thought I might as well mention it. Any and all help is very appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Not Blakeslee,

You might try deleting the wireless connection settings in your camera and resting them back to default first, and then set up a new connection with your new phone. Your manual should tell you how to do this.

Steve Thomas

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Not Blakeslee,

You might try deleting the wireless connection settings in your camera and resting them back to default first, and then set up a new connection with your new phone. Your manual should tell you how to do this.

Steve Thomas

It worked, thank you!

Does this mean it only works with a "fresh" wifi connection?  This would mean you have to type in the 8-digit code every time, right?  (I want to do this outdoors, possibly in bad weather, and a lot of typing/fiddling will be out of the question.)  

Same problem.  Brand new Android phone which I am beginning to loathe.  The connection to the T7 actually works about 1 time in 10, and I can't figure out what's going right/wrong.  How do I "delete all the wireless settings in my camera"?  I also have a PowerShot SX530HS.  It will claim to connect to the phone, but app will do nothing.  To add to the frustration, the PowerShot will appear in the start screen with "Reconnect" under it.  (Like that will actually accomplish anything!)  I have no trouble connecting both phones to an old tablet with an old Camera Connect app.  

I read the manual for wireless operations.  NFC isn't supported on my new Android phone.  The manual shows the old software.  I didn't see anything about resetting the wifi settings in the camera. 

Announcements