cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 5D Mark IV no longer recognized by DPP4 and EU3

bpancier
Apprentice

I have had no problems with tethered shooting using DPP4 and EU3 until yesterday when the EOS Utility would no longer recognize the usb connection to the camera in Windows 10. I had last used remote shooting three weeks ago and had forgotten to turn the camera off, so the battery was drained. When I recharged it, remote shooting would not work. The camera is still recognized in File Explorer. I have tried multiple cables, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, ensured that WiFi is switched off, and disabled auto power off. I also tried to use Adobe Lightroom. Lightroom could import photos from the SD card, but couldn't find the camera for tethered shooting. Is there some other setting I am missing?

1 REPLY 1

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Is there some other setting I am missing?"

If there is a full reset of the 5D Mi IV to factory default is a good idea. If Windows is seeing the camera I se no reason why LR will not. I use tethering all the time with LR and it works flawlessly.

"... the battery was drained."

You may need a new Canon brand battery. It may have the giddy up and go for the camera but not anything else. You have tried a lot of simple stuff you need to check the battery.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements