cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPP4 Startup Issues on Windows 11

kogilbee
Apprentice

I have used DPP4 for a long time without any issues.  I tried using it today (2-27-24); it just opens and shuts down.  I downloaded the driver again from the Canon store and still have the same issue.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what would cause this?

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi there!

So the Community can better assist, we'll need a little more information.

• What version of Windows or macOS are you using?
  • What Canon product do you use with Digital Photo Professional?

If there is any other information you can provide that you think might be helpful, go ahead and let us know!

If your question is urgent, call support at 800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666), Monday through Saturday for one-on-one help. 

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE for support options. 

kogilbee
Apprentice

I am using Window 11.

I am using a Canon EOS R7.  

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@kogilbee wrote:

I have used DPP4 for a long time without any issues.  I tried using it today (2-27-24); it just opens and shuts down.  I downloaded the driver again from the Canon store and still have the same issue.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what would cause this?

Hello, Kigilbee, and welcome to the forum!

I've had this happen, but it's been several years ago and Windows 10. Here is what I did:

1) Uninstall DPP 4. An uninstall is needed for the following steps to work properly.

2) Download and install the FREE version of CCleaner. Make sure you are at the CCleaner site (ccleaner dot com) only. There are others that I cannot vouch for.

3) Run CCleaner and allow it to clean the Windows registry.

4) Restart your computer and re-install DPP 4. Be sure to have the latest version found on the Canon support site for the R7. Just to be clear, it is a program and not a driver.

If this doesn't fix the issue, please report back to the thread so others can help figure this out.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

FYI UPDATE:

I did as you said.  No luck.  Although the CCleaner did find 20G of junk to remove. 😀

I finally called my IT dept. They found a critical error within windows that was not allowing hidden programs to update.  They believe that is the main issue.  Soooooo.  New computer is on the way since they can’t force it to happen.  

thanks for the assistance 

kyle 

KamrynMertz
Apprentice

I also wanted to know it, thank you so much for the information.

Are you a student who needs a service that offers writing services like dissertations, assignments, and essays? then you will be happy to visit this https://ukwritings.com/dissertation-services website, where you can pay someone to write your dissertation at an affordable price.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Are any of the folders where photos are being stored in the cloud?  Asking because MS crams OneDrive down your throat when you set up the machine.

Have you reviewed the System Event Viewer for application errors related to the program closing unexpectedly?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements