cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Sonoma 14.4 update EOS Utility now doesn't work at all with R5

bokomaru42
Apprentice

For all the suffering EOS utility users out there who for months have had to restart their mac before each use of EOS utility, things apparently just got worse.  With Sonoma 14.4 update,  EOS utility doesn't work at all whether I restart or not.  This really sucks that it has been broken for so long--major timesuck to my workflow. 

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Can you manually start EOSU3? When I updated to 14.4 and connected my camera I was asked to authorize the USB connection. I got a pop-up window. You can check if you need to authorize in System Settings. Then I started up EOSU3 and it connected to my 1D X Mark III.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 6.37.03 PM.pngThis was the message I would get when the problem first started.  Restarting the MAC would get past this for one single use of EOS utility but then that stopped working.  Today just on a hunch I decided to make sure the Dropbox app was not involved somehow.  To my great surprise, going into Dropbox preferences and turning off camera uploads and unlinking my R5 seems to have fixed the problem entirely.  I've seen a whole bunch of posts on various threads with this issue so hopefully people will see this somehow. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements