cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XA-75 losing focus on face AF & manual menu popping up on screen

ccanizales
Apprentice

Hi,

I hope someone can help me. I have an XA-75 Canon, which I've loved for the past nine months that I've had it.

However, in the last couple of days, when I try to do a reporter "stand up," the camera loses focus of my face and focuses on the background. Needless to say, the stand ups are useless for my stories now. 

Second issue: it started happening last week: the Manual Exposure menu started popping up on the LCD screen about 15 seconds after I turn the camera on. Interestingly, the "M" box at the top left lights up on its own, and then the menu comes on. It goes away once I start recording. But when I want to look at the clips I've recorded, after about 15 seconds after I put the camera in Media mode, the Index Selection screen comes on.

I'm very worried that something has gone terribly awry and am just waiting for the next glitch to come. 

Anyone have any suggestions? I've reset the camera to default settings a couple of times, and it hasn't helped. 

Many thanks!

Cesar

1 REPLY 1

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello ccanizales,

It does sound as though the camcorder's autofocusing system is back-focusing and that there is a possible issue with the touch control of your LCD panel. You can try cleaning the LCD screen using a clean, soft lens-cleaning cloth and commercially available fluid for eyeglasses but otherwise, I think it would be a good idea to send the camcorder into our factory service center. 

Please follow the link below to access our online repair portal to arrange for service:

https://mycanon.usa.canon.com/signin

Instructions for Accessing and Using the Online Repair Portal 

You will need to access or create your My Canon Account. 

If you already have a My Canon Account and your product is already registered, simply click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

If you have a My Canon Account and your product is not registered, you must register your product first. Click on the “Get Repair Services” link on the left menu, then click on the “Register Product” link on the right. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

If you do not have a My Canon Account, you will need to create one. After you create your account, click on the “Add Product” link to register your first product. After your product is registered, click on the “Get Repair Service” link on the left menu and follow the onscreen instructions to arrange for service for your product. 

Once you have completed the repair request, you will have an opportunity to print a copy of the request for your records. This request form will also contain shipping instructions and an address label that you will attach to the outside of your shipping box when mailing your equipment for repair.  

Announcements