cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the Vixia R700. LCD has a bluish/purple tint or colour cast. Normal?

CanonCammyUser1
Apprentice

I have a Vixia R700.  LCD has a bluish/purple colour cast.  The video itself has the proper colours and white balance even though the LCD screen shows this bluish/purple cast.  Is this normal?  Can't imagine it would be. 

1 REPLY 1

CanonCammyUser1
Apprentice

One thing I tried doing is brightening up the LCD to MAX brightness and this seems to help with minimizing the purple colour cast on the LCD.  I had this idea because I shoot Canon DSLR's and under-exposed photos have a bluish tone to them.  Adjust the exposure up until the photo you see on the LCD is no longer bluish for a proper exposure.  A snow scene should be white and not bluish.  That's what gave me the idea to up the brightness on the LCD. That it may act in the same way as exposing a photo. 

Is that what I am dealing with here with the purple cast on the LCD even ater setting a custom white balance?  It improves it a bit but the purple cast is still very noticeable.  Is this what I can expect with this camcorders LCD?  I do not se this on other camcorders that I own including Sony Digital 8, Hi-8 and Mini-Dv.  Nor do I see it on my Panasonic TM900 or on any of my compact digital cameras.  I want to pick up a Sony CX-405 to see if such a problem exists on that model. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Announcements